Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) salt
- 2 teaspoons (8.5g) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (160g) raspberry preserves or jam (seedless or not)
- 1 cup (227g) melted butter
- 3/4 cup (64.5g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (129.75g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Used this conversion calc, for the record.
Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
Beat sugar, eggs, and salt until thick and lemon-colored. Mix in the vanilla and jam until smooth and well-blended. Stir in the melted butter until well-blended, then stir in cocoa and flour. Add chocolate chips.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set. The brownies will be soft and moist, but shouldn’t be runny in the center. If a toothpick comes out with batter, let them bake a little longer.
Make sure to let them cool properly after baking; they are actually soft and moist and will stick to the knife if they’re not cool enough.