Magic Comes to Alphabet City (And to Certain Parts of Greenpoint)
Magic Comes to Alphabet City (And to Certain Parts of Greenpoint) is a story written by Domashita Romero and illustrated by iianbe. It ran in Issue 15 at http://s2b2.livejournal.com/91045.html, and is mirrored at http://www.shousetsubangbang.com/mirror/magic-comes-to-alphabet-city-and-to-certain-parts-of-greenpoint/.
Waking up covered in tattoos of song lyrics is totally normal, right? Jeez, quitting drinking is rough.
From pinboard.in: "Elliot wakes up one morning to find "eyes dilated & heart deluded I can" written across his forearm, and the first thing he realizes is that it's not his handwriting."
From pinboard.in: "A Story Of Two Geeks In Love: where Elliot (the ex-goth ex-alcoholic ex-slut ) wakes up with mysterious lyrics tattooed into his skin and meets and falls in love with super hot geeky musician Marc. Also features: pretty boys with geeky tattoos and (sexy)piercings, geekery galore, poetry, aging hipsters, witty dialogue, funny friends and ho like burning sex"
From http://lotrdeana17.deviantart.com/journal/Good-Original-BL-Reading-235140186: "A man wakes up to find mysterious words inked onto his skin."
So today I was catching up on some ss*bb reading and realized one of my favorite authors, Domashita Romero, had only been rec'ed once. Clearly I had to rectify that. I know "Magic Comes to Alphabet City" has been mentioned on many request posts, so I thought it would be a good place to start. Basically, Elliot is a recovering alcoholic who wakes up covered in little snippets of poetry. Then he meets Marc, member of a punk-y band and fellow geek. It's just a great short and sweet romance with a bit of a magical realism twist. It's a story I go back to periodically to put a smile on my face.
- http://demoerin.livejournal.com/26896.html: "Geeky goth/sweet young punk thang"
- http://scribewraithrec.livejournal.com/184055.html: "starts with Elliot, geek boy extraordinaire, waking up with tattooed words on his body and ends with him falling in love. I really love the touches of magical realism, the point where the magic is just accepted."
- pinboard.in: "A delightful story of gothy boys coming together through excessive geekery, mysterious tattoos, and questionable music. So absolutely wonderful."
- pinboard.in: "Cute geeky recovering alcoholic art director meets hot punk guitarist at trivia night. And yet, this is not bandom fic..."
- delicious.com: "Elliot can't find his black nail polish and Marc gets extra credit for knowing Green Arrow's mother's name."