Shousetsu Bang*Bang issue 23 was released on March 12, 2010. The theme was The Food of Love.
It was originally posted at bb-shousetsu.livejournal.com/47752.html and is mirrored at shousetsubangbang.com/mirror/frontpage/bangbang-no-23/.
Signups for this issue were posted at http://bb-shousetsu.livejournal.com/45934.html.
All stories this issue were required to have recipes submitted with them. The stories in the issue were then arranged by their recipes, in the order the associated foods might be served at a dinner party.
The cover artist was llyse. The issue contains the following stories:
- Delivery Available, by Daifuku Hoyako – Spice Loaf
- Table Manners, by Dr. Noh – Cucumber Salad
- Natural and Artificial Flavorings, by Domashita Romero – Mushroom Soup
- Warmth, by Hana Chikai – Fish Head Curry
- Terlingua, by shukyou – Sahara Chili / Chili Con (Fake) Carne
- Noodles with Gangsters, by Pluto – Lazy Noodle Soup
- Busted, by shukyou and Domashita Romero – Honeydew Basil Mojito / Honey-Garlic Asparagus / Farfalle with Asparagus, Sugar Snap Peas, Lemon, and Parmesan / Chocolate-Dipped Bacon Roses
- Teiresias' Kin: Smoke and Shadow, by Delyth Penrose – Morning’s Porridge / Whistlecakes / The Pauper’s Dream / The Virgin’s Dream / Fig Sweets
- Sweet, by Kuruki – Glazed Orange Angel Food Cake
- Of Love And Low-Fat Muffins, by Sinjah – Apple Pie / Coffe Cake with Struesel Topping
- On Ghosts, by Phail – Chocolate Raspberry Brownies