Cheesecake and the Art of Political Warfare
Cheesecake and the Art of Political Warfare is a story written by Sakana Sara and illustrated by haitoku. It ran in Issue 17 at http://s2b2.livejournal.com/100813.html, and is mirrored at http://www.shousetsubangbang.com/mirror/cheesecake-and-the-art-of-political-warfare/.
From Outlaw Reviews: "In a distant future, across hundreds of worlds, a very, very important election is taking place, with eerie similarities to, uh…well, you’ll figure it out."
From isweedan.livejournal.com: "A cyborg (android?) campaign adviser/his alien PA and their lives as they try to get their candidate elected (2008 presidential election IN SPAAAAAACE)."
If the bastard daughter of Red Dwarf and Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy had a lovechild with Aaron Sorkin, its slash fandom would produce something like this. Part satire, part nail biting political plot, part truly weird love story, you will recognise more than a few echoes of real people and real events, though with an original and very funny spin.
The untold story of the election we might just have one day. Oh, yes we can :) Highly recommended, not least for the wonderful lead characters, Adam and Danos.
This is a 2parter fic originally in shousetsu bang*bang (which everyone here should be reading anyway) And is AMAZINGLY AWESOME. It's by the same auhtor featured in the previous rec by potatoe1988 and is about presidential campaign managers and advisors. In space. WIth aliens. And cheesecake.
The political side of things is like a crack West Wing, the characters are brilliant and it's science fiction. (not to mention, you can go through the fic and draw some... parallels... between it and recent, uh, elections) =PI definitely recommend this one.
- http://ailelie.dreamwidth.org/160190.html: "Okay, so technically this is not a fanfic, but since many of the characters are modeled off actual political figures, I'm including it. Election fun, with slash. Lots of fun to read."
- delicious.com: "Part Hitchhiker's Guide, part West Wing, and part US Presidential election 2008, this story about an intergalactic political campaign is spot-on brilliant and amazing. Great characters, subtle but convincing world-building, vicious satire, and (of course!) hot boysexing. Highly recommended."
- pinboard.in: "A future vision of contemporary politics. NOT. Hilarious and engaging -- in the electoral struggle, one side has got their loud-mouthed PR and his aide. Oh, and slashiness abounds."
- delicious.com: "Running for president of the universe isn't easy, but it helps when you have the best campaign manager."
- gaiaonline.com/forum: "scifi & politics, god bless"